We had a fun Mother's Day weekend, except for Tommy being on the ship. I really missed Tommy and wanted him here to celebrate Mother's Day with us, but I filled the weekend (or actually my friends did) with fun activities to keep us busy. Saturday morning we went to the beach for their friends Ryan and Delany's birthday party. It was a sharks and mermaids party, which was such a cute theme for a boy and girl. The mother did a great job and had water games which included water balloons. All of the kids loved popping the water balloons. So much that I want to make a bunch and take the girls outside to play with them. I always try so hard to get a picture of my two girls together, but the last thing Caroline wants to do is be still next to someone for a picture. She was so cute though, that I had to post a picture even if she wasn't looking.
Lyla playing in the sand. It was an extremely windy day so playing in the sand wasn't easy.
Tommy told me before he left that a package would come, but not to open it until Mother's Day. So when it came I gave it to Lyla and told her that Daddy said to hide it and give it to me for Mother's Day. So Lyla did hide it and kept telling me not to go in her closet. She asked every day after then when Mother's Day was (and we had at least two weeks to go). Finally the day came, and Lyla brought the book to me in bed. I flipped through it and nearly cried as it has pictures from the last four years, the entire time I've been a Mother.
We skipped church on Mother's Day because one of my dear friends who is also a Navy wife with a deployed husband hosted a brunch and playdate for several of us Navy wive's whose husbands were also on the ship. Everyone brought a brunch dish to share and it was all so yummy! It was a great way to spend the day.
I am one proud mommy. I am blessed with two sweet cute girls.




No comments:
Post a Comment